This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. Please read my full disclosure for more information.
The thing I love the most about appetizers is that you can get creative without having to go to crazy on preparation and ingredients!
In this post I show you the materials, ingredients, and steps to make the simple appetizer recipe of an egg & tomato mushroom house. 🍄
- Large red tomato (has to be round)
- Kale leaves
- Boil eggs in cooking pot until fully cooked
- Let eggs cool
- Peel the shell of the eggs
- Slice just a bit of the top of the egg
- So that the egg can stand flat on its own
- Slice your large round tomato in half
- Make sure your tomato is not too small in size or oval in shape as it is ‘the round roof of the house’
- Using the help of toothpick: assemble your standing egg with the half of the tomato to make the house stick together
- Add dotted spot of mayo over the tomato house to make the mushroom house look
- Scatter kale leaves on your plate to make it look like green grass
That’s how you make an egg & tomato mushroom house appetizer!